"Adelaide is a thoroughly modern town, with all the merits and all the defects attaching to novelty. It does not possess the spirit of enterprise to so adventurous a degree as Melbourne, but neither does it approach to the languor of Sydney." - R. Twopeny, 1883

Friday 20 December 2013

Fish Don't Wear Clothes

Yesterday was the third-hottest day on record in Adelaide. I, thankfully, was inside and thanks to the wonders of air conditioning, I wasn't uncomfortable!

I've been looking at Trove to see how the hot weather was reported on in the newspapers eighty-two years ago, and I found this beautiful piece!


It was published in the Port Pirie 'Recorder' on Monday 18 January 1932, page 3.

So, lesson for the day from 1932, if you wear skimpy bathers, note that you might get ogled by a man in a suit and bowler hat. On a beach.

Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comments; I really appreciate them :)